Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an old thread and you've probably figured the situation out by now, but two different-sized main jets are factory spec for the dual carb shadows. Honda did this as a matter of handling emission requirements and temperature differences between the front and rear cylinders while running.
He knows this. Was talking about 2 different sized PILOT jets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put a kit in each of the carbs of my 2002 vt750 ACE. I’ve had the bike since August 2004. Never opened the carbs until now. Over 18 years. I pulled the carbs because gas was squirting from the vent hose. I turned the cabs upside down and blew into the fuel inlets. One carb allowed me to blow into it, the other didn’t. Fuel shut off valve was fouled. One main jet was marked 100 and the other 110. I didn’t keep track of which carb the jets came from. The jets on the kit I bought have no markings. Typical of Chinese aftermarket parts. I’ve reinstalled the carbs and will start it up tomorrow. I hope I don’t regret using the Chinese jets. Those carbs are a PITA to take off and reinstall. If I decide to buy 100 and 110 jets, does anyone know which carb gets the 100? Front or rear?
The rear cylinder gets the bigger jet, because it runs hotter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Even after 18+ years, unless your fuel is mixed with sandpaper, there should be nothing wrong with the stock jets that required replacing them. They’re just tubes with holes in, so as long as they’re clean, they’ll work. And probably better than the Chinese replacements, though again, how they can get a ‘tube with holes in’ wrong, is beyond me.
I think the point is that the bike has an aftermarket, straight thru exhaust. The bike will definitely benefit from larger main and pilot jets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts