Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2002 VT1100C2 and the brake light does not work. I have troubleshooted it down to a circuit board located under the seat but i can not find ANY info on the circuit board. I don't see it on any wiring harness photos, can't find it on an OEM parts list I'm at a total loss. I'm pretty sure this is a stock part but i don't know for sure. I have attached a photo of the front and back in hopes someone can help me identify it so i can replace it. Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Finger Electrical wiring
Tire Wheel Circuit component Automotive tire Yellow

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't appear to be original. At first glace it looked like an aftermarket brake light strobe but there seems to be quite a few wires going to it. Could it be a trailer wiring converter, do you have a harness for a trailer plug in?
There isn't a trailer plug. When I get home I'll trace all the wires coming off of it and see where they all go I suppose and see if that helps identify it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So removed the board and connected the appropriate wires together and now all the lights work properly. On a side note though that board was connected to a small block that looks and feels like 2 small salt/sugar blocks. I have attached a photo because now I'm just curious as to what the hell it is. No lights on it just a block that was wrapped in shrink tubing.
Twig Wood Asphalt Road surface Concrete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts