Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok after having the carb cleaned replacing the battery plugs and vac line i found out why my trike wouldnt start the vacuum outlet of the petcock was clogged it starts great now however theres a seep leak FROM THE PETCOCK I MAY NOT HAVE REASSEMBLED IT RIGHT THERES A PLASTIC DISC A SPRING AND A RUBBER DIAPHRAGM IN THERE I MAY HAVE PUT BACK WRONG does anyone have pictures of how they go together or a digram? i shouldve taken pics as i went i know but im really new at fixing my own bike any help would be greatly appreciated im disabled and on very limited income the trike is my only transport and if i can avoid having to buy a new one it would be great thank you

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Pictures of the petcock and pieces would be very helpful as I cannot guess what yours looks like.

Not being able to see it, makes this extremely hard for anyone who doesn't have one to look at.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That's pretty much what I was thinking in my head too, so the spring wouldn't tear the diaphragm.

Great posting the look of it Big poppa pump.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you very much i had it right after all turns out the diaphram was just shot i ordered a new one and put it on yesterday no more problems started like a charm in 30 degree weather gonna go change the oil today just incase any gas got down there and thinned it i very much appreciate the picture and suggestion

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
If your plugs arent fouled, i wouldnt worry about the gas. If the motor ran at all, itll burn it before it gets past the rings :)

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
thank you very much i had it right after all turns out the diaphram was just shot i ordered a new one and put it on yesterday no more problems started like a charm in 30 degree weather gonna go change the oil today just incase any gas got down there and thinned it i very much appreciate the picture and suggestion
Petcock doesn't keep gas out of the engine. Float valves in carbs stop the flow. Don't change the oil unless it's normally the time to change it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts