Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought a 2004 shadow aero 750.love the ride on it but cannot get used to the handlebars,they are the stock bars they come with.im used to riding with straight bars,i feel a lil more comfortable with some thing like that.so my question today is,who has swapped theirs out with a different set and can you please post some pictures so that i may have an idea of different options,thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats like what im looking to do,i cant seem to get comfortable with the way the handle bars turn in,i prefer them a lil straighter.your bike looks nice by the way

·
Registered
52 Posts
howdy, i'll exercise my ability to ask silly questions. can the bars be changed easily? like unbolt all the parts and throw them on a new bar? i'm also feeling cramped on my '04 aero and would like to do something with the bars.

ken

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
howdy, i'll exercise my ability to ask silly questions. can the bars be changed easily? like unbolt all the parts and throw them on a new bar? i'm also feeling cramped on my '04 aero and would like to do something with the bars.

ken

short answer... yes if you get good quality

In my case I got cheap risers that needed the threads cleaning out, I replaced the bolts with decent ones and had to ream out the bar grove to make them round... then it was easy :p

·
Registered
170 Posts
Here's some pics of the bars I put on mine.

The bars are Khrome Werks Bad Boys, and are good quality, but the riser mounting width is for Harley's. The Honda width is approx. 4", and the Harley's were 3.5" I think? The risers were the cheap ones, and I needed to purchase the mounting bolts separate, and also clean out the threads (as Leathel said).

The 1100 had the buckhorn style bars, and I like the feel of these better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts