Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short and sweet, '05 Polaris 50cc four wheeler....2 stroke. Won't fire/run.

Has compression, spark, fuel...won't fire 1 single time, much less run (not even with ether?). Oil tank is full. Speed limiter long ago removed/by-passed.

Timing? About the only requirement left I can think of...

Any help appreciated, forums to visit, manual download, etc.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
has it been sitting? the reeds can stick if so. and even though you have compression the reeds may not be seating. do you feel suction on the carb intake, are the plugs getting fuel to them, and I think there is a drain on the crankcase, excess oil can acumulate and be drained from there.
I have a polaris trailboss 330, and a couple 2 strokes CR and a YZ 125s.
good luck , let me know what you find, Joe

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe,

Yes been sitting! It belongs to a family member. I bet you are dead nuts, it don't suck hard at the carb. I can't be sure fuel is getting into the cylinder. I have sprayed ether in the spark plug hole, still will not fire/hit EVER!?

Thanks man, I am going to check it here shortly.

BTW, Reeds easy to get to? I'm gonna go look.....

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
My polaris is a 4 stroke, but they should be rite under the intake at the head, shouldnt be to hard at all t ocheck them, there are some forums out there too, but I've never really hit many as my 330 is pretty easy to deal with, just replaced the entire rear axle, bearings, seals, swing arm bushings, sprockets, chain, sprocket hub, output shaft and gear box drive chain, and a rear caliper kit. the kids always trashing it. Grrrrrr!
Its a utility vehical, not a beater like they like to think, but he paid for most of it so I cant complain to much.
http://www.cyclecentralpowersports.com/fiche_section_detail.asp heres a somewhat exploited view of the carb reeds. and I know what you know what your doing so its not that much different than what your use to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.