Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
What is the "trade number" for the headlamp bulb in the 07 Shadw Spirit 1100? I can only find the long Honda part number. Am new that this, but it seems there are two basic sizes in motorcycle headlamp assemblies. The Shadow seems to have the smaller 5 3/4 inch headlamp, while my Kawasaki Vulcan 750 has the larger 7 inch headlight. The Vulcan 750 takes the "H4" 65/45 watt. (Silverstar H4 ST) This is a three prong metal base. What is the replacement number for the Shadow Spirit 1100?
Thanks for all the info................

GTO 1

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
It should be either the H4 or 9003 (basically the same bulb).

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Just take your bulb out and go to an auto parts store and buy one. Just make sure the base prongs are the same. There are several versions you can buy and an H4 bulb will fit, no problem. I upgraed to brighter bulbs in both of my bike and noticed they are alot better/brighter.

*To make sure I wasn't just imagening it, I parked both bikes in the driveway, facing the garage door and started them up to see both (stock)headlights were the same brightness.
The I replaced the bulb in the Shadow with an H-4 upgrade and noticed a significant difference. I also notced when I ride with my bright on, alot more cars give me their brights when I meet them. >PD<

1 - 4 of 4 Posts