Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm very bad when it comes to electrical stuff..

I bought a taillight that also lights up the license plate. Does that mean I ignore the two wires that ran to the original license plate light and only connect to the three taillight wires?

Also, do I need to hook up everything before it starts to work? Should the taillight be working even if the turn signals aren't connected? Does it have to be one closed circuit or something, or does this mean I'm not hooking up my taillight properly?

Wiring makes my head spin..

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,859 Posts
If the new light has wires to hook to the existing wires hook them up. A lot of time new lights use the tail light as the license plate light. I would hook everything up before using, that last thing you want is to short a wire out that isn't connected. If you have specific questions on what your wiring, post a link so we can see what new light your trying to install and the wire colors your dealing with. There are a lot of people here who can walk you through this if you give us enough information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so I found out I had a blown fuse. I came across a post that mentioned the horn was linked to the same fuse as the taillight and signals. I tried the horn, and sure enough, it wasn't working either. Swapped out the fuse and the lights came on. All is well. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts