Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 VT750 shadow aero and I can't find the right tool for the fuel air mixture screw. I know its a single d socket but I can't find the right size. any suggestions please help!!!

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
18,713 Posts
Some guys smash the side in on an empty .22 cartridge and it works.
If I had that same type I would make it easier=

·
Registered
2007 Shadow Spirit C2
10 Posts
I have a 2007 Shadow Spirit C2. Last year, I looked into what I needed to install a jet kit and get it running right once I did that, and I selected these two items from Amazon:
a flex-shaft carb adjuster screwdriver, and a Motion Pro D-shaped Socket Bit (90 Degree 1/4" Hex). I remember comparing the socket to the Honda tool in one of the manuals I have, and it seemed like it would work.

BUT, as you might guess from that last sentence, there's one big caveat to this: I have never actually used these yet! So I am not positive they will work properly.

Also, your carb may have a welch plug where the air screw is located. Mine does, and that's the biggest reason why I haven't installed the jet kit--my bike runs fine for the most part, so I don't really want to risk grenading the carb body by making a mistake while drilling the welch plug out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some guys smash the side in on an empty .22 cartridge and it works.
If I had that same type I would make it easier=

Where is the fuel air mix screw on my carb cause I can't find it unless its the thing with the d socket

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
18,713 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts