Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on cobra exhaust, have a k&n air filter. did buy the DynoJet for the bike. This is new for me trying to pull out the carburetor to rejet it. Trying to find some good videos to do the installation, the instructions from DynoJet are not much help with a picture. Never taking apart the carburetor so trying to get advice on where exactly I can install the jet kit without taking off the whole carburetor off. Tried looking for a manual but usually it’s looking at schematic of the carb instead.

· Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
1,427 Posts
Can you access the carburetor if you remove the air box?

I'm not familiar with your bike, but if you have access to the carburetor, you may be able to just pull the carburetor bowl to get access to the jets. Then you'll need to remove the top of the carburetor to access the jet needle if the DynoJet kit requires a new needle. It's easier than you think.

On my VT1100, I installed the Cobra slash cut slip-ons and the required jet kit from Cobra (which was a re-labeled DynoJet kit). The Carbs are nestled in between the two cylinders and had to be remove to access anything. I followed the DynoJet instructions and the bike runs and sounds great.

I would recommend a new bowl gasket. You'll probably find a little gasket sealant residue from the factory on the bowl. Clean that off the best you can. Replacing the bowl gasket would create some piece of mind.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts