Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem when upshifting on my 2009 Honda Spirit 750, it seems to be hard upshifting, that can't be normal , is it? Would an oil change help? It was parked during the cold months, started every once in a while. very low mileage. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I've had the same issue with my 1100 and a pit change seemed to clear it up, from what I've read about these bikes the have a slightly more clunk to them than some other bikes but are tough as nails in comparison. But mine I had trouble getting it down to first from second, it would just stop in neutral but new quality oil seemed to cure it.

Dauntae

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Perhaps your clutch is not fully disengaging? If so it can put pressure on your drivetrain which makes it harder to shift. It's better to diagnose the problem before you end up bending a shifting fork. Your transmission should just "flick" into gear with little effort.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just left the Honda shop,I,ve missed 4th about 3 times and 3rd yesterday.The guy at the shop said they'll shift a little hard til they get some miles on 'em,so,shouldn't be anything to worry about,just gotta remember to be a little more aggressive with your shifting for a while.Just got my '08 Spirit w/ 733 miles on it a coupla weeks ago...and lovin' it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts