Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gondola in Mt Airy will definitely be one of our spots -- be it Saturday lunch and/or dinner one night. We need dinner spots for three nights. Other places to consider:
o Hillsville
- Rio Grande
- Countryside Family Restaurant (just down the street from the hotel?)
- Aunt Bea's Barbecue
- Crooked Oak Motorcycle Resort We've got to learn more about this place -- it came up in a restaurant search!
- more here

o Fancy Gap (8 miles away)
Mayberry Station Grill & Market

o Cana (14 miles away)
- Hungry Farmer

o Laurel Fork (17 miles away)
- Niblicks Restaurant & Lounge -- part of Olde Mill resort? Private parties only? More info required.

o other Mt Airy, NC options (22 miles away)

o Wytheville, VA options (27 miles away)

o Floyd, VA options (30 miles away)

------

Here's the link to Mt Airy's Autumn Leaves festival.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paulie said:
I wouldn't get my hopes up, the web site hasn't been updated since June 2008 when they were in full construction.
Interesting story. I'm not expecting anything at all -- not even a septic tank. (Last major construction step listed.) But since we're in the neighborhood, we might get the chance to check it out.

·
Registered
640 Posts
My preference for dinner would be somewhere that we can get to without the bikes. I usually have a bit of a libation with dinner and I'd rther not drink and ride.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
C Nile said:
My preference for dinner would be somewhere that we can get to without the bikes. I usually have a bit of a libation with dinner and I'd rther not drink and ride.
Ats why God created taxi cabs.

·
Registered
799 Posts
adlowe said:
Gondola in Mt Airy will definitely be one of our spots -- be it Saturday lunch and/or dinner one night. We need dinner spots for three nights. Other places to consider:
o Hillsville
- Rio Grande
- Countryside Family Restaurant (just down the street from the hotel?)
- Aunt Bea's Barbecue
- Crooked Oak Motorcycle Resort We've got to learn more about this place -- it came up in a restaurant search!
- more here

o Fancy Gap (8 miles away)
Mayberry Station Grill & Market

o Cana (14 miles away)
- Hungry Farmer

o Laurel Fork (17 miles away)
- Niblicks Restaurant & Lounge -- part of Olde Mill resort? Private parties only? More info required.

o other Mt Airy, NC options (22 miles away)

o Wytheville, VA options (27 miles away)

o Floyd, VA options (30 miles away)

------

Here's the link to Mt Airy's Autumn Leaves festival.

the mayberry dive sounds good lol the 2 reviews were positive and Im pretty adventurous i love local places lie that ....I not much for riding the twisties too late at night( partly cause the critters like this time of year and are very mobile ) but will go where ever the group goes :)

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
rickbb said:
I wouldn't count on too many taxis in Hillsville, unless it's done a whole lot of growing up in the past few years.
I prefer to get a jug of bug juice and hang around the hotel anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts