Honda Shadow Forums banner

2010 Phantom dies after warmed up

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Rick Wicker 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 Phantom with V&N Short Shots, Cobra Powrflo and Cobra FI2000. I've had the bike for 3 months and ride it almost every day to work 20 miles one way. Today i took a longer ride and at about the 60 mile mark while waiting to turn at a light it started choking out. Pushed it into a gas station. It will start right up but has no power to take off. So i go get a drink and sit for about 20 minutes. I come back out and it's fine. I ride it home, another 20 miles and it starts choking out again. I adjusted the Cobra FI2000 to factory and let it sit. Started it back up and let it warm up. Took off to see how it did and its running better than it did since i got it. Went down the road and same symptoms as before. What could this be? Any help is appreciated. Yes it has plenty of gas in the tank.

#2 ·
Many of the Fuel Injection fuel pumps have acted up when they warm up.
See if you can hear it as a smooth buzz not any grinding noises or dead.

Reactions: Joe Citizen
#4 ·
So you know the sound so when it stops see if you can gear that same sound when you key on.
Look in the manual about how to test for codes there may be a clue in that.
You can get a hair dryer after a cold start an warm up the ECU to see if it quits when warm.
When it quits does it have spark?

Reactions: Joe Citizen
#7 ·
Sounds like it might be a "fuel vent" problem. Try this. Just shy of when it would normally choke out, stop and pop the gas cap open. Close it and carry on. If this seems to remedy the issue, your cap is not venting the pressure variations occurring as fuel is consumed. Follow that subject for the various possible solutions. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.