Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost 100% certain this must have been asked before by someone who has banged their head against the wall looking for an answer online BUT:

Is there a date when the 2011 Honda Shadow RS should go on sale or at least have a confirmed price?

This has been haunting me for weeks!

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
758 Posts
I think it is a terrific looking bike. That being said, I am a discount shopper! I don't pay full retail for anything!

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
thanks so much!! source?
Source: Given the price of the 2010's, the 2011's should be about the same. Honda usually releases new models around that time of year.

Further source: Honda rep from the PROGRESSIVE International Motorcycle Show in Cleveland, January 28, 29 and 30, 2011.

And, NEVER pay retail.

I assume you are asking about the new color scheme of the blue, white and red, correct?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats the one! What is a reaonable price to pay for that bike? I am assuming it will be in reasonably high demand once it finally ships?

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Thats the one! What is a reaonable price to pay for that bike? I am assuming it will be in reasonably high demand once it finally ships?
Depends on the dealer's volume, really, and their desire to sell a bike. Are you willing to travel to buy one, as well? If you buy one brand-new off eBay, for example, you STILL have to go to the dealer to sign the paperwork and take possession (Honda's rules).

Reasonably, in my eyes anyway, I would expect anywhere from $750 to $1200 off MSRP on a brand-new model such as that. One dealer in my area, tho, WANTS to move bikes (his words to me: If I don't sell them, why the **** am I in business?!?), so he is willing to deal.

Would help to know where you are located.;)

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Shadow RS

Why not look for a 2010? They aren't making any changes for 2011 and the dealers will be looking to get rid of the 2010's. As far as demand I doubt there is going to be a shortage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts