1,084 Posts
yep starving for fuel...

Go here and find your manual, you can download it:
Go here and find the fuel filter location, it's on top of the fuel pump:
good luck,
:)

· Registered
1,084 Posts
Just as a heads-up get some "Blue Magic" chrome polish/paste, it'll take of the brown/blue off the pipes.
Sold in most auto parts stores

Put it on the middle of a one inch wide strip of rag at least a foot long, wrap it around the pipe once and pull on one end then the other, like sawing dental floss thru your teeth.

The loop will pass around the pipe and remove the brown/blue discoloration quickly
Move up/down along the pipe to polish any brown area.

· Registered
1,084 Posts
I SEE. So remove top plate here, filter shall be inside the fuel pump just under the plate? I'll post a picture of the filter screen when I get to it. Gonna work on it this afternoon when the weather cools down. View attachment 289426
Yep...clean it 1st before taking it apart though.
Down load that manual and read it in the comfort of the AC until it cools off enough to work on it.:)
jmo

· Registered
1,084 Posts
Nasty, absolutely caked with rust. Thank you for the helpful advice Ken! ❤ View attachment 289440
Pumps in a vise so you took it off the bike, good call (y)
You are getting close to some fun rides at full power.
I'd still run some cleaner thru it while riding it for the injectors though.
My go to is Seafoam or Techtron (Chevron)

How are you cleaning the Tank?
I use white vinegar and BBs and shake it a lot, sometime OMS and BBs
I use a magnet to get the last pesky BBs out.
The vinegar will etch the raw steel so put something in it or it will flash rust.
Evaporust works good too.

I use a lawn mower gas tank to run/tune bikes when the eom tank is off...just sayin'

· Registered
1,084 Posts
An after the pump filter is high(er) pressure so the inline filter clamps could become a leak point, and the clamps/filter must be high pressure rated/compatible.
A filter there though mean the smooge has gone thru the pump and could have damaged it before the filter.
Seafoam is good but Techron is for injectors so use Chevron gas if you can because Techron is in it.
Techron is sold at part stores though, and even Walmart.

I've had my single carbed 750 shafty over 100mph many times and I'm no light weight.
Your top speed may improve as those additives work their magic over time.

· Registered
1,084 Posts
View attachment 289465

You guys have been immensely helpful. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I'm looking forward to posting more on this forum in the future. Feels good to know
there's fellow Honda owners looking out for eachother on here. Here's a wonderfull picture of my first bike. 😊
Nice Bike...
It has been a pleasure working with someone who knows their way around a tool box and doesn't respond with "I thought of that" "but I've read" or other challenges of our (my) advise.
Most here giving advise have lived it and it's is not just something they've read somewhere.

You did it right, finding the manual and using that info as a resourse to get you bike fixed, rather than poking around blindly not even knowing what you are touching.

Enjoy your properly running bike that YOU raised from the dead without spending $1300 at the stealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.