Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's got us at 4 already -- you, me and the Gibbs. Helen might be there but that's too early to call. Sadie43 & rickbb are probably in -- that makes 6.

Too bad we can't get any folks from WV away from their keyboards long enough to join us!

·
Registered
750 Posts
ummmm I'm thinkin' I might make this one........did the Canadian one in August, seems only far that I should do the East Coast Rally next year! :) I'll keep an eye on this thread, for further info.

Di

·
Registered
595 Posts
Is there a website or anything for the rally listing more info or anything? I live in SC but was raised in WV and going back would be really cool for something like this.
I am kind of the de facto coordinator of the 2012 ECR. Much more information will be forthcoming after the beginning of the year. The info is pretty basic though:

September 20-23, 2012. Franklin WV... US 33 & US 220 - about 40 miles west of Harrisonburg VA.

Barring any dilemmas, the hotel will be the Thompson's Motel right at Rt 33 & 220. It is a nice mom & pop hotel right out of the 40's... but it is first of all clean and second of all cheap. This summer we paid $52.50 (w/tax) per night.

There is great riding in this area. We ride both on Friday and Saturday, usually 150-200 mile day rides. Hang out afterwards and tell tales and kick tires (Art & Paulie are political geniuses - having all the answers :wink: ).

Great times.... watch for further info Feb. 2012.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Notice Art, I never said you and Paulie had the right answers!

:p

·
Registered
194 Posts
Since I am new to riding and new to this site, what all is the rally about? Can anyone come? Just wondering because it seems like something I would probably enjoy! Thanks!!

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...what all is the rally about? Can anyone come?
What is it about? Getting together in a place with nice roads, riding some and BSing some. Guess that translates as "fellowship".

Anyone can come. Everyone is welcome the first time; after that, it all depends on how they behaved.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sounds great! And I guess I will have to be on my best behavior, maybe!!! LOL!! I will have to keep an eye on this forum for the details!

Thanks,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Another newbie (to the forum that is) here. I think my dad and I would be down for this, that is if I'm in town and not away with work.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I live in Virginia Beach, I will definitely keep this rally on my Radar for coming. Sounds like this would be a very good time!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts