Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scheduled for Franklin, WV (where US33 meets US220 -- N38 39.280 W79 19.960) September 20th through 23rd.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Count me in

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's got us at 4 already -- you, me and the Gibbs. Helen might be there but that's too early to call. Sadie43 & rickbb are probably in -- that makes 6.

Too bad we can't get any folks from WV away from their keyboards long enough to join us!

·
Registered
750 Posts
ummmm I'm thinkin' I might make this one........did the Canadian one in August, seems only far that I should do the East Coast Rally next year! :) I'll keep an eye on this thread, for further info.

Di

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is there a website or anything for the rally listing more info or anything? I live in SC but was raised in WV and going back would be really cool for something like this.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Is there a website or anything for the rally listing more info or anything? I live in SC but was raised in WV and going back would be really cool for something like this.
I am kind of the de facto coordinator of the 2012 ECR. Much more information will be forthcoming after the beginning of the year. The info is pretty basic though:

September 20-23, 2012. Franklin WV... US 33 & US 220 - about 40 miles west of Harrisonburg VA.

Barring any dilemmas, the hotel will be the Thompson's Motel right at Rt 33 & 220. It is a nice mom & pop hotel right out of the 40's... but it is first of all clean and second of all cheap. This summer we paid $52.50 (w/tax) per night.

There is great riding in this area. We ride both on Friday and Saturday, usually 150-200 mile day rides. Hang out afterwards and tell tales and kick tires (Art & Paulie are political geniuses - having all the answers :wink: ).

Great times.... watch for further info Feb. 2012.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Art & Paulie are political geniuses - having all the answers.
It's not so much that we have all the answers, it is more like we've heard all the questions. More times than we can count. It gets that way as your age nudges closer and closer to that of dirt.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Notice Art, I never said you and Paulie had the right answers!

:p

·
Registered
194 Posts
Since I am new to riding and new to this site, what all is the rally about? Can anyone come? Just wondering because it seems like something I would probably enjoy! Thanks!!

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...what all is the rally about? Can anyone come?
What is it about? Getting together in a place with nice roads, riding some and BSing some. Guess that translates as "fellowship".

Anyone can come. Everyone is welcome the first time; after that, it all depends on how they behaved.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sounds great! And I guess I will have to be on my best behavior, maybe!!! LOL!! I will have to keep an eye on this forum for the details!

Thanks,

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wheeehooo! It's only 808.8 miles away from me

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wheeehooo! It's only 808.8 miles away from me
Sounds like just the reason to take a week off to spend a couple of days wandering around to get there and a couple more wandering around to get back! That could easily be a 2k mile round trip.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Another newbie (to the forum that is) here. I think my dad and I would be down for this, that is if I'm in town and not away with work.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I live in Virginia Beach, I will definitely keep this rally on my Radar for coming. Sounds like this would be a very good time!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts