Honda Shadow Forums banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
You're from Steubenville and are afraid to fess up. :mrgreen:
Nope but I got a family member who was raised there. :shock: I am outside Marietta and was raised in Princeton, WV. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
190 Posts
If I am correct this is in the same general area of Smoke Hole Caverns. I went there on vacation with the family a couple years ago. The area will be great for some riding. I saw the other thread about making reservations and hopefully sometime this week or next I can get the funds together to have a room reserved as I am planning to remain the entire time. Close enough to home that it will be great for my first "road trip" group gathering at the same time.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I saw the other thread about making reservations and hopefully sometime this week or next I can get the funds together to have a room reserved as I am planning to remain the entire time.
You don't need funds to reserve the room. Thompson's is a very friendly family-run place and they won't even ask for a credit card. Mom-and-pop. You'll probably be talking to mom when you make your reservation. Really.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's even better then. I will call tomorrow and make a reservation if any rooms are still available. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would like to make it to this as it is only about 4-5 hours from my house. I just dont know if my schedule will allow it since I am on vacation the second week fo September.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am right at 6 hours from there. I definitely think I can talk my husband into this. Maybe take sunday, monday and tuesday to ride the blue ridge parkway back to asheville then to Eff-nam. Pencil us in!

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I am right at 6 hours from there. I definitely think I can talk my husband into this. Maybe take sunday, monday and tuesday to ride the blue ridge parkway back to asheville then to Eff-nam. Pencil us in!
Hey, I was in Fayetteville on Thursday. (My bike was at home.) Spent last week visiting my mother-in-law in Pembroke and made a trip to Vision Comics & Cards to satisfy my son's lust for action figures.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Paulie and I are planning to meet around York, PA (maybe the Red Roof Inn?) on Wednesday evening to ride down US15 & US340 to Elkton, WV then take US33 into Franklin.

Anyone interested in riding along is welcome -- as long as you're not too gung-ho on getting there and more interested in enjoying the ride.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Paulie and I are planning to meet around York, PA (maybe the Red Roof Inn?) on Wednesday evening to ride down US15 & US340 to Elkton, WV then take US33 into Franklin.

Anyone interested in riding along is welcome -- as long as you're not too gung-ho on getting there and more interested in enjoying the ride.
We've been thinking about including a ride to the flight 93 memorial and a little more twisty riding after. We are always open to suggestions on the route.

·
Registered
190 Posts
So about what time of the day are people looking to be pulling into the hotel? The plan for me and the GF are about 4 PM at the latest. We live 4 hrs away, by mapquest directions, and it looks like a restaurant right out front would be a good place to chill after the ride and meet up with folks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. The ones setting this up could maybe work that into the plans for the weekend.

·
Registered
595 Posts
So about what time of the day are people looking to be pulling into the hotel? The plan for me and the GF are about 4 PM at the latest. We live 4 hrs away, by mapquest directions, and it looks like a restaurant right out front would be a good place to chill after the ride and meet up with folks.
We are coming down with probably about 5 bikes. I think we will be there around 3-4-5-ish depending on many factors.

The restaurant out front is pretty good, nothing to write home about, but good.

The best way for a meet and greet is to sit out on the patio of the hotel in a big'ol circle and shoot the breeze.

Fortunately (and and for a few, unfortunately (right Paulie ;) )) we know each other. I am looking forward to meeting new people who took the time and energy to join us on this run.

We have a pretty nice ride planned out for Friday, it should be a nice time.

I believe the headcount right now stands right around 20 or so. As for that number on the ride, shouldn't be a problem as these roads are pretty light for traffic out in the country where we are.

·
Registered
190 Posts
We are coming down with probably about 5 bikes. I think we will be there around 3-4-5-ish depending on many factors.

The best way for a meet and greet is to sit out on the patio of the hotel in a big'ol circle and shoot the breeze.

Fortunately (and and for a few, unfortunately (right Paulie ;) )) we know each other. I am looking forward to meeting new people who took the time and energy to join us on this run.

I believe the headcount right now stands right around 20 or so. As for that number on the ride, shouldn't be a problem as these roads are pretty light for traffic out in the country where we are.
Sounds good, we are planning around 4ish ourselves. I kinda know the area from vacationing down there a couple years ago, at least nearby. They are good roads for riding for sure.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts

I love you man!!!:oops:

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Special thanks to ptgb (Pete) and his wife (Joann) for all the efforts they made to make the rally a success. They overcame some adversity (Pete's Valk blew a u-joint 60 miles from the rally.) with hardly a ripple. GREAT JOB!

For those of you who wanted to come but couldn't make it, you missed:
o some really bad jokes (and a few good ones, too)
o some ridiculous stories/lies
o some special educational experiences (striped pole cats and the latest on messages from ET in particular)
o the chance to make some new good friends
o riding some fantastic roads in beautiful weather
Your loss.

In case anyone needs to block out vacation, next year's rally is tentatively scheduled at Abingdon, VA for September 19th through 22nd. There probably won't be anything posted before the start of the year.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sooooo, any pics?
I am sure there will be. I have about 25 myself but my phone went crazy while we were there and I only have 4 remaining. All 4 were from the radio telecsope site we went to on Saturday.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts