Honda Shadow Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I will have to invade the girlfriend's computer and steal hers to post here. My camera, on the phone, died and lost all but 4 pictures. Was very close to float testing the phone on the way home.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's no fun at all. Sledgehammers provide MUCH more satisfaction. (Remember to wear safety glasses.)
Now I know why Gallager was so happy at the end of his comedy shows. Thanks adlowe for the info. :wink:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Special thanks to ptgb (Pete) and his wife (Joann) for all the efforts they made to make the rally a success. They overcame some adversity (Pete's Valk blew a u-joint 60 miles from the rally.) with hardly a ripple. GREAT JOB!

For those of you who wanted to come but couldn't make it, you missed:
o some really bad jokes (and a few good ones, too)
o some ridiculous stories/lies
o some special educational experiences (striped pole cats and the latest on messages from ET in particular)
o the chance to make some new good friends
o riding some fantastic roads in beautiful weather
Your loss.

In case anyone needs to block out vacation, next year's rally is tentatively scheduled at Abingdon, VA for September 19th through 22nd. There probably won't be anything posted before the start of the year.
Any additional info for 2013 yet?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
190 Posts
There is a page for this years rally on facebook. I will ask to see if the coordinators can post updates on here for those not on facebook or don't use it that much.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It is actually an event. Let me check on what the actual title is and I will try to post it. I am not very facebook savvy. The event is titled 2013 HSN East Coast Rally. The coordinator posted he would be putting information on here within the week. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Guess it don't do most of us any good then.
That's what happens when people feel like they're being attacked and/or run off a forum.

PTGB will be over here posting info when he gets around to it. He doesn't come here often anymore; when he does, it is almost exclusively for the ECR or the Canadian Rally. There are many others in the FB group who don't even come here for that.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That was my fault it would seem. I didn't realize it was closed group but PTGB did state he would post the information on here. For that I apologize.

·
Registered
595 Posts
HSN EAST COAST RALLY - Sept. 19-21, 2013 - Abingdon, Virginia

This year's East Coast Rally is set for the mountains of western Virginia. Abingdon is central to some of the best riding roads there are, including The Snake, Tail of the Dragon, and Virginia 16!

Hotel Information:

ALPINE MOTEL
882 E. Main St., Abingdon, VA 24210
(276) 628-3178

Alpine Motel (Abingdon, VA) - Motel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Tell them you are with the "East Coast Rally" to get the $59 (+tax) rate.

This is a quaint 1950's motel with parking right in front of your door. It is off the road and private. There are ONLY 19 ROOMS in the whole place, so GET YOUR RESERVATIONS MADE EARLY!!!! 10 rooms have been blocked, but get reserved early so you don't miss out on a room. ONLY 19 ROOMS! There are some chain hotels down the street that can be used as overflow, but they are much more expensive and are not conducive to our sitting around and b.s.-ing ways (after the rides are done each day).

SEPT 19, 20, 21, 2013

61 - 77 of 77 Posts