Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HSN EAST COAST RALLY - Sept. 19-21, 2013 - Abingdon, Virginia

This year's East Coast Rally is set for the mountains of western Virginia. Abingdon is central to some of the best riding roads there are, including The Snake, Tail of the Dragon, and Virginia 16!

Hotel Information:

ALPINE MOTEL
882 E. Main St., Abingdon, VA 24210
(276) 628-3178

Alpine Motel (Abingdon, VA) - Motel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Tell them you are with the "East Coast Rally" to get the $59 (+tax) rate.

This is a quaint 1950's motel with parking right in front of your door. It is off the road and private. There are ONLY 19 ROOMS in the whole place, so GET YOUR RESERVATIONS MADE EARLY!!!! 10 rooms have been blocked, but get reserved early so you don't miss out on a room. ONLY 19 ROOMS! There are some chain hotels down the street that can be used as overflow, but they are much more expensive and are not conducive to our sitting around and b.s.-ing ways (after the rides are done each day).

SEPT 19, 20, 21, 2013

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If all make it that have said they were coming on the FB event page, then we are at 19 total. There are a total of 19 rooms available at the Apline, so I would imagine that they only have a few rooms left.

There are other hotels nearby, so there will be plenty of room for everyone. Unfortunately, the other hotels will be a higher cost.

I will be checking with the hotel in the next week or two to see how many rooms, if any are left.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
What time do you guys head out on you rides in the morning?
9:30 to 10 AM. Or thereabouts. I think ptgb has mapped out Friday for The Snake plus Back of the Dragon. Saturday might be a shorter ride. A couple of folks should rolling in from the Otter Creek Campground on the Blue Ridge Parkway. They've promised to be there by 9:30 but I think that might be tough to achieve.

You coming? I'd offer to ride down with you but can't do that this year. I'm heading to CT early next week then riding down to DC before riding to Abingdon.

As of now, I'm looking at a return trip of 500+ miles winding along KY460 then US62. Very little e-way south of Findlay. That's probably the way I'll go if it doesn't rain. But, as always, the route is subject to change at any time.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
9:30 to 10 AM. Or thereabouts. I think ptgb has mapped out Friday for The Snake plus Back of the Dragon. Saturday might be a shorter ride. A couple of folks should rolling in from the Otter Creek Campground on the Blue Ridge Parkway. They've promised to be there by 9:30 but I think that might be tough to achieve.

You coming? I'd offer to ride down with you but can't do that this year. I'm heading to CT early next week then riding down to DC before riding to Abingdon.

As of now, I'm looking at a return trip of 500+ miles winding along KY460 then US62. Very little e-way south of Findlay. That's probably the way I'll go if it doesn't rain. But, as always, the route is subject to change at any time.
Well im trying to plan a IBA run in next couple weeks I may bumb it up and try to be at your. Meeting spot before you all leave for a meet and greet

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
HSN EAST COAST RALLY - Sept. 19-21, 2013 - Abingdon, Virginia

This year's East Coast Rally is set for the mountains of western Virginia. Abingdon is central to some of the best riding roads there are, including The Snake, Tail of the Dragon, and Virginia 16!

Hotel Information:

ALPINE MOTEL
882 E. Main St., Abingdon, VA 24210
(276) 628-3178

Alpine Motel (Abingdon, VA) - Motel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Tell them you are with the "East Coast Rally" to get the $59 (+tax) rate.

This is a quaint 1950's motel with parking right in front of your door. It is off the road and private. There are ONLY 19 ROOMS in the whole place, so GET YOUR RESERVATIONS MADE EARLY!!!! 10 rooms have been blocked, but get reserved early so you don't miss out on a room. ONLY 19 ROOMS! There are some chain hotels down the street that can be used as overflow, but they are much more expensive and are not conducive to our sitting around and b.s.-ing ways (after the rides are done each day).

SEPT 19, 20, 21, 2013
Damn!!! If I had my bike back I'd be going. Thread title misleading though, says this event already happened. I'll be watching for the 2014 event.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Well im trying to plan a IBA run in next couple weeks I may bumb it up and try to be at your. Meeting spot before you all leave for a meet and greet
I don't know what you've got in mind but I don't see this as a good fit with an IBA run. But (1) I've never done an IBA and (2) I prefer US highways over e-way so I don't really know how well they can be used to get into/out of Abingdon. I would think you'd have a better shot at avoiding traffic tie ups going west. But hen again, from where we live most westward routes go by Chicago. :x

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just called the Alpine Motel, ground zero for the East Coast Rally (ECR) next week. Interesting, trying to get information with the language barrier, but from what I could figure out... it looks like there are two rooms still available each night; Sept. 19-21. If you need them, book'em before their gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts