Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's plans this year? New adventures, trips havent taken yet but been dying to do? Who's already been out enjoying our briefly decent weather. Where ya been, where ya going?

·
Registered
45 Posts
WA, up north of Longview. Been riding all winter, whenever it didn't rain. Mostly back roads around this area, but 2 weeks ago rode over to Astoria, Seaside, back into Portland, then north to home. Poor planning on my part....hit Portland at 4 in the afternoon on a Monday.....over 2 hours to get out of bumper to bumper traffic. Was on my Nomad that day, not my Shadow. Won't make that mistake again.

Gonna be going to the Hell's Canyon Rally in Baker City, OR, July 12 - 16. Week after that, going thru OR to visit folks in CA. Then over to AZ, NM, TX...then turn around and come home. About 3 wks of riding. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
What's everyone's plans this year? New adventures, trips havent taken yet but been dying to do? Who's already been out enjoying our briefly decent weather. Where ya been, where ya going?
Try to avoid using the words, "dying to do" when referring to motorcycles. :wink2:

I am, however, 'looking forward' to another 8 months of the twisties up here in the Rockies -- starting tomorrow.

Will keep you posted -- or lightly toasted.

·
Registered
97 Posts
im in seattle.
been freezing this whole winter riding almost everyday.
i have a gerbings heated jacket liner and heated gloves so its been manageable.
if anyone wants to ride im down anytime! hit me up
cant wait for summer
plan to make a few trips to portland.
also really want to ride the up to mt. baker when its nice and warm. such a beautiful road ive always wanted to cruise up there on a bike.
lets get a pnw meetup organized sometime this summer!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Been thinking about a Maryhill run on Hwy14 myself...
ohhh man maryhill.....maybe the best paved road in the country
if you head out there this summer i would 100% join!
that place is truly heaven on earth to me. the water spring and tree at the top of the hill...man.
a while back i did the freeride comp.
would love to go back with a regular board on the back of my shadow and shred a few runs
no longer into the downhill speed junkie thing concrete really hurts at 60+ mph
oh ya theres a beautiful winery at the bottom of said road on the columbia river. why do i live in seattle?!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More or less the Columbia Gorge Hwy14. Beautiful run through there. Walking Man Brewery in Stevenson is ridicoulsy cool. Maryhill Mansion across from Bigggs. The stonehenge replica too, thats some perty cool shadow nerd pics. Full Sail in Hood river. The list goes on and on! Ive been thinking about something like that, but how to network a full on Pacific NW meet n ride..but for EVERYBODY on two wheels.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I thought it started on 1/1/2018.Many miles to go before I sleep.It did snow Monday two inches but was clear and 70*F today.Ride Safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts