Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i recently purchased a 21' front rim to suit my bike, currently running 17' front, when i put the 21' wheel on everything is fine, until i try to fit speedo drive, the drive is way to small, i based in Australia and it appears i cannot find a drive to match it, any suggestions plz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi i recently purchased a 21' front rim to suit my bike, currently running 17' front, when i put the 21' wheel on everything is fine, until i try to fit speedo drive, the drive is way to small, i based in Australia and it appears i cannot find a drive to match it, any suggestions plz
sorry the bike was built 3/01

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Specifically, A or B? I suggest you try the cable that's used on the 21 inch rim if the length isn't too long. True, the coupler for the speedometer has to fit too.

[edit] Or, by 'drive,' are you instead talking about the speedo gearbox in the bottom pic? Do you mean your front axle is too large a diameter for speedo gearbox that came on the 21 inch rim?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
If bikes could talk what would they tell their owners about mods?
Now you've got me feeling bad.

I guess I'm technically an abusive owner.
I do try to listen, but it's not English it speaks and sometimes it talks too fast and says too much at once and sometimes nothing at all.
Often it leaves me guessing.

I do make sure I feed it the right stuff.
I'm going to wander out to the shed tomorrow and let it know officially it has the winter off.
Do you think I should leave the radio on out there to entertain it and in hope that it picks up some more English?

·
Registered
121 Posts
If bikes could talk what would they tell their owners about mods?
I'd like to think my bike is happier with the mods, though if it could talk it would probably yell at me for taking it apart so much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts