Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I swap the 21" front wheel from my 07 750C2 for a 19" off of any other 750 Shadow Spirit. I think it's a direct swap.

I love the bike, but hate 21" front wheels.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks like your brake disk is on the right. Mine, '03 Spirit, is on the left.
Why don't you like the 21"? Looks sharp to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beowulf said:
Looks like your brake disk is on the right. Mine, '03 Spirit, is on the left.
Why don't you like the 21"? Looks sharp to me.
I don't like the handling of them, i've had a couple of bikes with them, The sidewall of the tire is so thin the tire doesn't corner well. A 19" wheel/tire is much better for handling than the 21".

·
Registered
168 Posts
May not be a direct swap, but I know for a fact I could make it work...but then again, that's what I do. It just depends on the difference in axle spacing, rotor size, etc. As far as the rotor being possibly on the other side, wheels can be flipped with no problems (but if the tire is directional--with an arrow on it--then it will have to be flipped on the rim). I guess it just depends on how comfortable you are with the possibility of needing to play around with it to make it work! Oh...and it's likely your speedo will be off after the swap too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The chain drive Shadow Spirits have the speedo sensor on the front wheel whereas the Aero 750 and the shaft drive Spirit don't. You would need to get a different seal for that side of the wheel and make / find some other spacers. If you're going to do all of that you might as well find a used 19" Harley rim on EBAY and use that instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts