Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm new to riding and I am No mechanic. But I decided that I wanted to learn as much as I could about my bike and do it myself.
So here I am, reading all of your Awesome threads and doing what I can myself.
I own a 2001 Honda Shadow VLX 600 Deluxe. And since I'm new to riding, the first thing I bought for my bike was an engine guard. And with that my do it yourself adventure began! Talk about something that looks so simple to install being, well not as easy as I thought. But the end product was So worth the struggle! Not only do I feel more comfortable if (lets be honest, When) I dump my bike but I think it adds a certain beefier look to it. Next was a new set of saddlebags, those I figured out all by myself! Lol
Next I'm going to tackle an oil change. Which smells like gas and from reading other threads it can be anywhere from a carburetor issue to a (I sigh with dread at the thought) piston ring issue. Then it's on to changing the brake pads and then fixing a leaking fork.
I have my work cut out for me! But the more I read and the more I do to my bike the more that riding bug bites me!
I'm sure I will be posting Lots of questions! So for now, Ride Safe!

·
Registered
8 Posts
PinkShot! You sound just like me! A few years ago, I installed my first set of crash bars on my 2001 750 ACE Deluxe. Had to remove the exhaust, the pegs and I scratched the paint on the frame... Talk about pissed off. I got 'em on there though! :D :D :D

Congratulations on your installation success!

Only one question! What's next?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.