Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 shadow spirit vtll00 c with around 14,000 miles which I recently took to Sturgis. The clutch is VERY noisy when going from 1-2nd and sometimes 3rd gear. Last few times I rode it I would be coming to a stop and I would downshift to first gear, fine. I would go to take off and It did not downshift to first, it was stuck either in 3rd or fourth. I would have to either rock the bike to be able to shift, or release clutch and move a bit before it would engage gears. When I was down shifting, it felt like it was, but when I went to take off, It was not. Could it be a bad clutch? As I have said, I drove 3500 miles round trip and had a few of the same problems. I've tried different oils, synthetic as well as regular, but it does not seem to make a difference. I have also made sure the clutch has the freeplay required. Thanks for any help!!

· Registered
3,192 Posts
Your clutch may be out of adjustment, but the problem you're having is in the transmission. I suggest you get you three threads, become official and the post this in the Technical section of the forum. Or ask the moderators to move. You'll get a lot better technical info there.
Oh, and Welcome to the Forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.