Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings friends

So I got invited to a local MC meet this afternoon at the Walnut Tree Shades pub in the heart of the fine city of Norwich.

The sun was a-shinin' and for once it was above freezing by a few degrees so I put the leathers on and ventured into the garage to see what was what.

The last ride at the beginning of the month was on the Magna so I thought that this time it has better be the Shadow.

Full choke and a press of the button and she fires right up. After two or three minutes she had warmed up and I set off in the afternoon sun. Shame it didn't warm up like the engine did!

Anyhow, down to the Walnut, a pleasant 3 hours with chums and then home before the temps dropped below freezing again.

Photographic evidence:

Bring on the good weather, I'm sick of the crap we have at the moment. I only had a few miles home and I was frozen by the time I got there. :)

Collector

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Too Cold for me but glad you got your ride in. Were supposed to get a Blizzard here in Mass tomorrow night. So I wont be riding any time soon. :(

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Not a chance! If it's not at least 50 the bikes stay in hibernation. Last season the first ride was the first week in March. Which wasn't so terrible since I put the machines to sleep on December 1. A little over 3 months without a ride. Not bad for livin' high in the Rockies. ( That's 'high' as in altitude. ) ;-)

·
Registered
11,178 Posts
Good for you Sir Graham.

The eastern US is due for a foot or two of the fluffy white menace over the next few days. Will ride vicariously through your pics.

Did you happen to get some delicious food?

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
You should be visiting Norcal again, Graham. Pushing 70F and sunny yesterday and probably warmer today. Also the driest January on record for the Sacramento area -- enjoyable now but bad news for the ongoing drought.

BTW, good wife and I will be Paris for a few days in April -- care to pop over and say bonjour?

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr B!

How the jolly devil are you? Regrettably I shall be unable to join you and the memsahib in gay Paree because Her Madge requires me to attend to the Chancellor's deficit using only the power of persuasion. And a sock full of pool balls if persuasion doesn't work.

I have fond memories of my time in NorCal. Missing luggage, you telling me that if anyone was going to be a human fireball it ought to be you, letting me loose on the GS1100 on the old settler's trail, driving the Corvette (probably one of the most scary events of my life), rolling on Bill's XS650.

I could go on.

They were great times and I would dearly love to return one day.

I ought to mention that all you got in return when you visited me was a pub meal and the rather windy vista from the top of Ranworth church tower.

But I think the thing I miss most - aside from your august personage - are your stories. They all seemed to start with "I was in (insert name of dangerous foreign country).... :D and you told them like it was just another day at the office.

Stay cool Mr B.

Collector

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.