Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my bike 2 months and put over 3,000 miles on it and have used ZERO oil. Is this normal?
It has 4200 miles on it and I'm debating weather to change the oil or not. it still looks clean and I'm too lazy to look in the manual to see when I should change it.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I think spec is 5, I do mine at 3.5. Some rant about waste, my oil is recycled. On many bikes consumption is a byproduct of higher speeds whereby it is thrown/sucked into the intake from the crank breather. Otherwise, no use is not unusual......don't complain where the bike can hear you.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
I think spec is 5, I do mine at 3.5. Some rant about waste, my oil is recycled. On many bikes consumption is a byproduct of higher speeds whereby it is thrown/sucked into the intake from the crank breather. Otherwise, no use is not unusual......don't complain where the bike can hear you.
Wiser words were never spoken.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
If the piston rings are doing what they are supposed to, and the engine has been taken good care of, not using any oil for 3,000 miles is very doable.

Yeah, don't let the motorcycle hear you complain or your next post will be: "My motorcycle is going through a quart of oil every 300 miles but there is no blue smoke and it is not leaking on the ground, any suggestions?"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.