Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good and reliable vendor where I can order 3" over stock choke cable for my 96 ACE 1100?

its all I need to finish installing the new bars...
8)

·
Registered
423 Posts
It would be easier and cheaper to convert it over to a choke like on the 750's. ChopperScott has done this to his 1100, so it's not my idea. His looks and works great, and you can adjust the tension on the cable, unlike the chokes on the left grip.

Brian

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
think sounds like a good idea, so far i'm having trouble finding what I need.

·
Registered
423 Posts
GrymLocke said:
PM ChopperScott and have him tell you how he went about converting the choke to a 750 style set-up. I know he'll be glad to share the info.

Brian

·
Registered
72 Posts
GrymLocke said:
Many Kawasaki KLR650 owners have used the stock Harley Sportster choke cable; the KLR has the same carburetor as the Sportster, so it’s an easy swap. Take a look at a Sportster to see if it will work for your bike.
I kinda like the Harley choke control on the left side of the motor; it’s one less thing to have on the bars.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Single carburetor choke cables won't work too well on a dual carb set-up. The 750 Spirits and ACEs both have dual carbs and use a similar if not identical enrichening valve as the 1100s use.

Brian

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
navillustoo said:
Single carburetor choke cables won't work too well on a dual carb set-up. The 750 Spirits and ACEs both have dual carbs and use a similar if not identical enrichening valve as the 1100s use.

Brian
so does that mean I can use a 3 over ment for a 750 on my 1100 ACE? if they're like the throttle/brake I should be able to put that little steel end nut replacing the original? just a direct swap?

·
Registered
423 Posts
GrymLocke said:
so does that mean I can use a 3 over ment for a 750 on my 1100 ACE? if they're like the throttle/brake I should be able to put that little steel end nut replacing the original? just a direct swap?
Does your 1100 ACE not have the choke control on the left side of the handlebars? The trick to get around a buying 3" longer cable is to convert to the choke control like on the 750's. They have a knob and bracket located on the left side of the engine between the cylinders.

As I mentioned earlier, ChopperScott would be glad to tell you what he used and how he did the conversion.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
navillustoo said:
GrymLocke said:
Does your 1100 ACE not have the choke control on the left side of the handlebars? The trick to get around a buying 3" longer cable is to convert to the choke control like on the 750's. They have a knob and bracket located on the left side of the engine between the cylinders.

As I mentioned earlier, ChopperScott would be glad to tell you what he used and how he did the conversion.
I'd like to see if the brackets/knob/cable/etc would bolt onto the 1100...(possibly a swap over?) do you have any pics?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts