Honda Shadow Forums banner

181 - 200 of 745 Posts

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
Yup, last year we headed out that way, only made it about 4 Miles and it took darn near 2 hrs. We stopped at an overlook and one dude went for a hike.
I am game for the out and back part.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Yup, last year we headed out that way, only made it about 4 Miles and it took darn near 2 hrs. We stopped at an overlook and one dude went for a hike.
I am game for the out and back part.

But no impromptu hikes,,,right???

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Depends

So, anyone not want to ride a specific route?
Not to Cherohala?
No Moonshiner?
No to Foothills?

Nope,,,I'm Good with those.>:)

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Depends

So, anyone not want to ride a specific route?
Not to Cherohala?
No Moonshiner?
No to Foothills?

I'm gonna follow whoever's in front of me. I'd like to ride all of those routes.

The Bald River Falls where pretty cool, but the narrow ass road leading to it kinda sucked.

Fontana Dam is a must.

Wayah Rd. I thought was fun.

Did we do the Foothills last year? I don't remember.

I'm game for whatever anyone decides. I'm just ready for it to get here. I've been ready for it since last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
I'm gonna follow whoever's in front of me. I'd like to ride all of those routes.

The Bald River Falls where pretty cool, but the narrow ass road leading to it kinda sucked.

Fontana Dam is a must.

I'm game for whatever anyone decides. I'm just ready for it to get here. I've been ready for it since last year.

Some of us rode a short section of foothills.
We will have fun!

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
I'm trying to think of something funny, at least to me, to insert here. Y'all talk amongst yourselves....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
I'm trying to think of something funny, at least to me, to insert here. Y'all talk amongst yourselves....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha, booze got your tater too blurred?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #193

Fontana Dam is a must.

I'm ready as well!!! I have been thinking about it since y'all were talking about it last year.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
A good long ride would be leave Robbinsville on 129 across the Dragon to Foothills Parkway to 321 take 321 to Townsend through park to 441 across mountain to Cherokee NC then US 74 back to Robbinsville. Might hit traffic in the park.

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
A good long ride would be leave Robbinsville on 129 across the Dragon to Foothills Parkway to 321 take 321 to Townsend through park to 441 across mountain to Cherokee NC then US 74 back to Robbinsville. Might hit traffic in the park.
That is one that the original group I travelled with always took. But, that misses the Cherohala, we could run Cherohala Friday, over and back.
Then hit Moonshine to 129. But that's is a FULL day no doubt!
I'm game for this plan. I can ride Wayah on way home.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Thanks for the suggestion tntom,,,The road from Townsend to US-441,,,would it be Townsend Entrance Road to Little River Gorge Road???

Would there be time to go to Fontana Dam? I was thinking maybe take NC-143 to NC-28 to the dam in the morning then off to the Dragon.

Would there be time to go to Clingmans Dome?

441 in the park is the only ??? for me. I am not sure how it is that time of year, I have been stuck in traffic almost all the way up the mountain, and saw a guy lay a big bike over when he stopped in a downhill curve (I did get out and help him pick it back up). I would not like wasting a lot of riding time in traffic.

Cherohala Parkway out and back on Friday is good with me.

Laura and I could do Fontana Dam on Sunday morning before heading home.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
I am gonna post pics of the different routes that have been talked about so folks that are not familiar with the area can see where they go,,,

I will start with what I am calling the Dragon/Great Smokey Mountains Park Route. As it is on the map it is 157 miles long, Lowest elevation is 907 feet, and highest elevation is 4843 feet.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
This is the Wayah Road loop. It is 92 miles long, lowest elevation is 1678 feet and highest elevation is 4128 feet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Guys that was just a suggestion and traffic WILL be a problem on Saturday. I ride the roads in my post all the time. As far as for me I would rather ride something new but, if I make it and I am planning on at least meeting you early Saturday, I will follow the leader. I love the road to Ball Rive Falls. I have been wanting to ride Moonshiner 28 for a long time. Cherohala for people who don't live here is a must ride The ride from Deals Gap (NC side foot of the Dragon) to Fontana dam is short only 11 miles but beautiful. It's hard for me to not ride it. I will just be happy to not ride alone.

Tom

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Guys that was just a suggestion and traffic WILL be a problem on Saturday. I ride the roads in my post all the time. As far as for me I would rather ride something new but, if I make it and I am planning on at least meeting you early Saturday, I will follow the leader. I love the road to Ball Rive Falls. I have been wanting to ride Moonshiner 28 for a long time. Cherohala for people who don't live here is a must ride The ride from Deals Gap (NC side foot of the Dragon) to Fontana dam is short only 11 miles but beautiful. It's hard for me to not ride it. I will just be happy to not ride alone.

Tom
This is why this thread was created,,,to get ideas about different roads and what everyone wants to ride. The more the merrier!!! There are so many roads in that area that are good to ride and so many places to see that someone could spend many vacations and still not see it all.

I meant no offence when I said that about the traffic,,,just an observation.

181 - 200 of 745 Posts
About this Discussion
744 Replies
23 Participants
Scared
Honda Shadow Forums
Welcome to Honda Shadow Forum. Come in and discuss any Honda Shadow models: VT1100, VT250, VT750 and the VT500.
Full Forum Listing