Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3rd post ,bike has been sitting 3 years
first step remove tank and clean with ?? any suggustions ?
next i was gonna remove and replace fuel hose and fiter
same for oil and filter
plugs and battery
and as soon as i can get a key
Fire it up
other suggustions?
thanks

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Welcome aboard. Post a pic so we can see your ride. We might be able to help you better knowing what kind of bike you have.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
I'm guessing it's a 2004 Sabre. According to the screen name.

Looks like you have a good idea of what needs to be done. I would add a 1/2 a can of seafoam to the fresh tank of gas. after you get it started, see what needs to be done next. How many miles on it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome! If it is within your skill set, I'd pull carbs, remove the bowls, and cleanup. It may get you on the road days sooner than attempting to get fuel laced with additive to the site of the problem. Just my .02 , based on experience.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Welcome! If it is within your skill set, I'd pull carbs, remove the bowls, and cleanup. It may get you on the road days sooner than attempting to get fuel laced with additive to the site of the problem. Just my .02 , based on experience.
+1

Just clean the carbs.

Also:

replace your brake fluid. It retains moisture and after sitting for that long it will be full of it. It will save you money in the long run.

replace coolant.

Check valve clearance (depends on what bike your talking about.

Was the tank full when it went into storage? If there is no rust than just clean it out with soap and water. Flush with alcohol when done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts