Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i took my bike to the mechanic monday and he said he found the problem with it and after spending 285 bucks for him to fix it i went less than 5 miles down the road and bam it broke down again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well for that past week or so it has been shutting down after riding bout 35-40 miles, it just shuts down like it is not getting any fuel. i took it to this guy and he told me that the carbs were full of very fine rust so he cleaned them out and changed the plugs. after charging me 285 bucks he said i was good to go but i didnt make it home before it shut down again. so i guess im going to take the fuel take off and see if i can clean the inside and seal it up see if that works. oh and he said he wanted to change the fuel filter but he couldnt get to it, if you make your living fixing bikes dont you think he would be able to get to the fuel filter i mean i can touch it without taking anything off all he had to do is unclamp it and pull it right out

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Evidently he aint much of a mechanic! If he knew what he was doing I would take it back to him, now, Idunno. Good luck with it!
Posted any pics yet????
Coop

·
Registered
103 Posts
why do we have to make three [posts to get accepted?
i was 4 years on both vtx boards and never saw anything like that
bit confused

ride safe
harry

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
11,155 Posts
why do we have to make three [posts to get accepted?
i was 4 years on both vtx boards and never saw anything like that
bit confused

ride safe
harry
You need three threads started and approved - not just posts - and the reason being is it is a way we can eradicate the spammers that hit the forum. Many spam bots start with an innocent first post then completely over run the forum with spam from that point. Having new members psot up three different threads ensures this doesn't happen as well as not being able to hide their crap from the moderators in other members' threads.

·
Registered
103 Posts
thanks spiritman,
that sounds logically

this board is similar to the vtxoa.com, (but i was more at home at the vtxcafe.com with over 1200 postings and 21 trader feedback)
so at first, i have no probs with orientating.

will ask around a bit, when i get my new spirit next week and want to insert sig and avatar pix

ride safe
harry

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
sorry about your luck bud!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.