Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat. Ride I'm going to take a ride up to Lower Lake, mostly back roads, so some rough roads(typical for me). If you want I'll post a map.

ROD

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yes the back burner. :evil: :evil: There will be NO ride for me Saturday. Right now I really dislike kids, 4H and people that get to go away for weekends. :twisted: :twisted: If I still end up in Davis it will be with 5 kids and suburban no room for the bike. Sorry people I was really really looking forward to this. :oops:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry you can't make this ride Bowlbug.
The weather is going to be hard to beat and it should be nice and green, no dead weeds.

ROD

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
rrounds said:
All the pic's were taking on my little goat road in the Napa valley. The weather was great and the total mileage was about 360 miles. I rode the first map with a couple of detours.

http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad338/rrounds/5-29-10 ride/?start=all

ROD
Ouch with pic’s, rub some salt in the wound. You must be taking lessons from ashadowrider. It looks like I missed a good ride. My weekend is coming, I have got to get up that way soon.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
rrounds said:
All the pic's were taking on my little goat road in the Napa valley. The weather was great and the total mileage was about 360 miles. I rode the first map with a couple of detours.

ROD
How long was your ride? What time did you leave? Where did ya stop for chow? Did the DW go with ya?
Bowlbug said:
rrounds said:

ROD
Ouch with pic’s, rub some salt in the wound. You must be taking lessons from ashadowrider. It looks like I missed a good ride. My weekend is coming, I have got to get up that way soon.
This road looks damn familiar now donut it Bowbug?

Thinking about the road PJ took us on after we left Alice's restaurant.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ashadowrider said:
How long was your ride? What time did you leave? Where did ya stop for chow? Did the DW go with ya?
I put about 360 miles on the bike, I left Wren's cafe at 9:30, I took two sandwich's and three soda's with me and I made a detour over to Don's Dog Cafe in Monte Rio(damm good dogs). And if my wife went with me the ride would have been a lot shorter. :lol:

ROD

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

Tunitas Creek RD? I think I read on another forum they paved it 8) I will have to check it out seeing how I didn't even get to strat the bike this last weekend :evil:
It's Tuesday and I still hate kids :x

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Bowlbug said:

Tunitas Creek RD? I think I read on another forum they paved it 8) I will have to check it out seeing how I didn't even get to strat the bike this last weekend :evil:
It's Tuesday and I still hate kids :x
Yes Tunitas Creek RD. If they paved that road you let me know, I wanna ride it! That was just to sweet and would be fantastic with fresh asphalt!
I gotta get over there, that's all there is to it. The weather has turned, I have the time off, cash, I ain't got, but maybe I can turn in the pop bottles. :lol:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Remember a year or two ago I started a post about having a goal but no plan, 52 roads in the triangle I want to see? 8) Well I still have 47 to go on my list, not a lot of riding being done. :roll: Plus I have been watching the maps and pic’s being posted in the Cali area and I have found no other way. I have to win the lottery, quit my job and retire. :D But Tunitas, curiosity is getting the best of me. I hope slip away for a couple hours to go see the goat Saturday morning in Pescadaro. :idea: I might have to get lost on the way home and see for myself if there fresh blacktop.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Bowlbug said:
Remember a year or two ago I started a post about having a goal but no plan, 52 roads in the triangle I want to see? 8) Well I still have 47 to go on my list, not a lot of riding being done. :roll: Plus I have been watching the maps and pic’s being posted in the Cali area and I have found no other way. I have to win the lottery, quit my job and retire. :D But Tunitas, curiosity is getting the best of me. I hope slip away for a couple hours to go see the goat Saturday morning in Pescadaro. :idea: I might have to get lost on the way home and see for myself if there fresh blacktop.
Yes, I remember well your quest for the 52 RT. But don't feel like the Lone Ranger, I still have 8 counties in southern California that I am having a real problem getn to.
They just don't seem as important for some reason. I really enjoy what we have right here.
I am sure that when my mother lived in San Diego before I was born she said,"my youngest will be born in the Sierra Nevada for he is going to be a biker". :twisted:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Tunitas is forever engraved in my memory banks. Rod, Peewee and Bowlbug, I quit riding about 10 years ago.
I did finally ride through all 58 counties. Sadly when HSN changed ownership all my posts vaporized and I lost interest in this site.
Interestingly enough I met quite a few west coast riders and had some great rides with them.
But as it turned out I enjoyed riding solo best of all. Go where I wanted, do what I wanted, stop when I wanted and rode at my own speed. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow, sometimes on the interstate if I needed to get to the backroads at the opposite ends of California. So glad I live in the middle of the state.
Ecoregion Vertebrate Sky Cloud Human

1 - 17 of 17 Posts