Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1983 VT500C
651 Posts
Heh, just slapped a Givi trunk on mine...and did a thread for it :)

Let's see...Givi Trunk, KG bags & bag/trunk mounting system, straight highway bar with fold-up pegs,
Vetter Bullet windshield, & LED headlight (everyone needs one on a 500).

Reactions: Dmrmuller

·
Registered
1983 VT500C
651 Posts
The 83-83 had the iconic rectangle headlight, so when I put in the LED bulb in the original position,
it put all the light in the air when on Low...so I flipped the rectangle over and it focused the light
in front of the bike where it should be. It's easily 4 times as bright as a stock light,
but properly angled, it doesn't blind oncoming traffic.

TOAUTO
H4 LED Headlight Bulb Motorcycle High Low Beam,New Version Chips Super Bright
1400LM 6000K White - pack of 1

$14.99

Mounted a Kryptonite bicycle lock on the frame, you can see it on the Pilot side,
it's a little large, but it fits perfectly thru the holes on the front brake.
It definitely lets folks know that bike ain't going anywhere without a lot of work.

Reactions: punxsybob

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 83-83 had the iconic rectangle headlight, so when I put in the LED bulb in the original position,
it put all the light in the air when on Low...so I flipped the rectangle over and it focused the light
in front of the bike where it should be. It's easily 4 times as bright as a stock light,
but properly angled, it doesn't blind oncoming traffic.

TOAUTO
H4 LED Headlight Bulb Motorcycle High Low Beam,New Version Chips Super Bright
1400LM 6000K White - pack of 1

$14.99

View attachment 293662

Mounted a Kryptonite bicycle lock on the frame, you can see it on the Pilot side,
it's a little large, but it fits perfectly thru the holes on the front brake.
It definitely lets folks know that bike ain't going anywhere without a lot of work.
I actually have a brake lock/alarm for mine I plan on installing when it runs again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts