1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Awesome find gat! I saved it to my favorites; I'd love to see how it plays out. That dude is hardcore.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
I've said time and time again, the real bikers these days are the scooter crowd! While some leather clad cruiser geek is busy trying to decide where to mount their flattest greatest tech gadget or deciding whether or not to buy that chrome laden disc brake cover because, **** naked brakes are ugly, the scooter rider is actually out there, riding...go figure huh?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Can't remember all the details right now...in one of the Iron Butt runs back some years ago, one of the motorcycle magazine guys rode the 10,000 mile routes (in 10 days) on a Honda M5 (50cc). He didn't win the "race"...but got lots of "butt jokes"!!!

Bullzeyet

·
Registered
164 Posts
I second the Great Find comment. I've bookmarked it and I'm going to follow his progress.

Kid's got some stones, that's for sure. If he passes by close to me when, and if, he hits Texas, I might just ride out to find him.

As I was reading I kept thinking about a tee shirt I saw once. "Riding a scooter is like banging a fat chick. It feels real good till a friend sees you doing it."

·
Registered
299 Posts
Awesome find gat! I saved it to my favorites; I'd love to see how it plays out. That dude is hardcore.
+1, looking forward to "the rest of the story..." :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how he does it.

I don't know about the rest of the country, but it's illegal (and insane) to try to ride a little scooter like that on the superslab in Illinois.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how he does it.
A lot of those little scooters make big trips every year. This story rose to the top somehow, but CrazyDave is right...those guys ride. They have to do some careful trip planning though...

I don't know about the rest of the country, but it's illegal (and insane) to try to ride a little scooter like that on the superslab in Illinois.
...to avoid the highways. ;)

They know. Trust me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts