Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BUT, that`s what the weather folks say for Thu. in central Ky. Maybe I`ll have to start the Spirit. :roll: Maybe I`ll need to see if the tires are still round. :wink: Hope some nicer temps come your way soon. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Not trying to rub it in but it looks like winter's ending here. I sure hope so, it was 30° when I left for work this morning - that's really cold when you're not used to it.
Did I mention I love living in Florida.

10 day forcast from the weather guessers, I wont bank on it though:
Today
Feb 19 Mostly Sunny / Wind
63°/ 10%

Tue
Feb 20 Mostly Sunny
71°/56° 10%

Wed
Feb 21 Few Showers
74°/58° 30%

Thu
Feb 22 AM Clouds / PM Sun
74°/57° 10%

Fri
Feb 23 Mostly Cloudy
71°/62° 10%

Sat
Feb 24 Mostly Cloudy
74°/64° 10%

Sun
Feb 25 Cloudy
74°/55° 10%

Mon
Feb 26 Showers
69°/53° 60%

Tue
Feb 27 Scattered T-Storms
67°/53° 60%

Wed
Feb 28 Scattered T-Storms
69°/48° 40%

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow, Thursday it suppose to hit ...hmmmmmm somewhere in the low 40's. Think I'll keep the cover on the Sabre! Then chance of rain or snow on Sat & Sun. Still winter in NW Ohio! :cry:

·
Registered
658 Posts
brunsje said:
Wow, Thursday it suppose to hit ...hmmmmmm somewhere in the low 40's. Think I'll keep the cover on the Sabre! Then chance of rain or snow on Sat & Sun. Still winter in NW Ohio! :cry:
Not me, baby. As soon as I get back into town on Thursday - and definitely on Friday - I'm riding. I'm sick and GDd tired of living in a freezer these past three weeks. 40 degrees sounds like a heat wave. :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Come on are we men are mice? I ride every day rain or shine.And i live in Alabama..a small town called Fayette, Corse folks around here think im crazy. But i've riden when it was 16F i will do it again'.I dont let anything stop me from riding.......If you aint riding you aint living;;

·
Registered
462 Posts
43F degrees here today. Lots of snow on the ground but the roads were just wet. Yep, I rode to work. It had been since the first week in Jan since I rode and I was going through withdrawls!!!!!!!!!! My wife chewed me out for riding..... not concerned about me....... just what the salt would do to the bike!!! Man, I love that woman!!!!!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
It got to 48 degrees here today and by Thursday they are calling for clear skies and 56...sounds like riding weather to me! Considering it was in the teens last week and twenties over the weekend, its time to break out the bathing suits.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well like the other folks have posted I don't like cold weather but living in Florida defines cold weather differently than than those folks in the northern latitudes but all that asside I went to a orgnanised ride for a in line of duty killed officer in the county where I now live. I did not know the guy but I started policing about the time he did and no matter end of story it was the coldest weather of the year that day. It was below freezing from tampa north but we ended up with a motorcade 2 miles long, thanks to the hernado co so, pasco co so, citrus cot so and brooksville pd everything went well and safety was uppermost. Dep Lonnie Colburn, deceased was honored with the utmost respect. I was cold on the outside but warm inside.
Jeff

·
Registered
335 Posts
Today was forecasted to be nice and so I got up early, hooked up my new battery tender (since my bike wouldn't start the last time I tried) and got ready to ride. I left the house about noon, ran some errands then just explored, killing time before work. It was mid-fifties, it felt like seventy after the 'scrape-the-frost-off-the-seat' rides I had last month before I parked it. Even the ride home at 10:30 PM was comfortable...the low is only supposed to be 48. Tomorrow there calling for t-storms and I won't ride when there's lightning so I'll drive to work...but the rest of the week, sixties and sunny!! b-bye car!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Spirited said:
BUT, that`s what the weather folks say for Thu. in central Ky. Maybe I`ll have to start the Spirit. :roll: Maybe I`ll need to see if the tires are still round. :wink: Hope some nicer temps come your way soon. :)
My wx forecast for thurs said 60' on thursday. Guess it's 'cause I'm closer to the equator than you :lol: If so, the mighty Aero will get to go outside and bask. 8)

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Spirited said:
Mid 40s here today, but my neighborhood is still under 4" in packed ice thanks to the so-called plow job the builders did (my neighborhood is only 2 years old and is not yet dedicated to the township since they're still building).

I'd have ridden if I could have gotten the bike to the main road without dying.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
chornbe said:
Spirited said:
Mid 40s here today, but my neighborhood is still under 4" in packed ice thanks to the so-called plow job the builders did (my neighborhood is only 2 years old and is not yet dedicated to the township since they're still building).

Boy, I need to change my glasse`s, I thought you said "blow job" I`m sorry but snow looked like..... :oops:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Spirited said:
chornbe said:
Spirited said:

Boy, I need to change my glasse`s, I thought you said "blow job" I`m sorry but snow looked like..... :oops:
dont use your glasses as an excuse - your mind is in the same place mine is :twisted: :twisted:

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
kara said:
Spirited said:
chornbe said:
Spirited said:

dont use your glasses as an excuse - your mind is in the same place mine is :twisted: :twisted:
Booya, baby!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.