Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is for you who have been all the way down into the belly of the beast.

i got my case halves apart, but while banging around the outside perimeter with a mallet, some pieces shook themselves loose, and I can't seem to figure out where they came from, or where they go.

mostly its the two pieces on the left in the pictures. The barrel with holes (spring loaded on the inside w/ a circlip) and the long sleeve with a zip tie through it. they both came out of the right half crank case, because i was pulling that side up and away from the left half, and the pieces fell. the right two pieces (circles) seem like spacers, which i'm not sure where they go either. but they were from another step.

I am following the clymer manual to the letter with this rebuild, and I can't find these pieces anywhere in the manual diagrams. the manual has missed at least 2 steps in the disassembly process so far (two separate bolts that needed to be taken out, but went unmentioned).

any help much appreciated. I dont remember either of the two pieces from splitting the cases on the first engine (days earlier)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
piston pins are larger than that, in diameter, and are both sealed up in ziplocks. it caught my eye as well when looking through diagrams, but i dont think that's our winner.

perhaps something with the gearshift mechanism. i'll have to run an inventory on those baggies, b/c some of those pieces in those fiches are of that shape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts