Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Okay I have a simple wiring setup. New coils stator battery. I had the bike running before then chopped it down a lot and I have it able to turn over but I have no spark at all. I try to give power to the black and white wires that go straight to the coils and when I do all four terminals(two on each coil) read 13 volts I turn it over and I get nothing. I have a powerprobe and when I'm turning over the bike with the probe on the coil where the spark plugs wires goes it actually start to ground! I have no idea what's going on
I had Sure Kiddo spark to one head it was the primary witch to check you put one less of tester on day the yellow wire on rat coil and the other into a plug wire from same coil should get a reading of about 10 I believe if you get nothing replace coil if it is an 84 Ck all 3 Cdi boxes first if good test both primary and secondary of coils but if you have nothing in bulk and white wires I’d go for the cdi ck all for good plugs and open circuits you may have a broken wire happpens a lot on old bikes good luck

21 - 21 of 21 Posts