Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would other riders suggest for me to use on my 83 vt500 for handle bars and pipes? i dont like the way my bars curve in. and i want more sounds and performance from the exhaust. thanks

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
recommending bars is a bit like buying shoes for someone else. Your gona have to figure out what it is you want. Good thing is 7/8 bars are plentiful and cheap.

Pipes... There are no performance options for pipes on the 500. If anything you will loose power with aftermarket options (only MAC) but you will cut out a lot of weight which is where any performance will be gained. They are also louder which gives the false perception that you are faster.

Do you have stock pipes? If they are rust free you are the subject of a lot of jealousy around here, We would hate to see a good stock set get cut up for the sake of more noise....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so there would be no way to get the louder sound from another pipe and gain performance? what about louder and differnt sound with equal performance.. and yes, the pipes are pretty much completely rust free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts