Honda Shadow Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I was planning to take apart the bike in the winter for a paint job. Perhaps I would replace the head then. Winter is always around the corner up here. All I hope that it hold up till then.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
And especially when you don't even get to ride it as much. But I did take it for a ride yesterday, and it drove well. I just need to get a new battery for it as the battery is really old with its one foot in the grave and the other foot on a banana peel.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Dont you guys just love how you fix one thing, and two other things break? Things that are even suppose to break.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,033 Posts
What happened to the teeth???
But if the case is not damaged behind the gears where the support shafts hold them it isn't so bad. The gears can be replaced easily, not the engine case.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
What happened to the teeth???
But if the case is not damaged behind the gears where the support shafts hold them it isn't so bad. The gears can be replaced easily, not the engine case.
This is why I prefer kick starts. The teeth are gone, and has worn the teeth on the new starter motor. The gear shaft is broken on the reducer gear. And now the damn flywheel won't come out. 🤦🏽‍♂️

61 - 67 of 67 Posts