Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a 83 vt750 that revs up just fine but very slowly returns and also has a high idle. It has aftermarket pipes, but is jetted up one size to a pilot 40. Here's what I've checked so far:

Air filter is clean, all vacuum connections are in and all boots are tight, checked for air leaks around the boots and didnt seem to get any revving up. Choke cables are adjusted and cleaned a bit with wd40.

Now here's the interesting thing is that when I remove the choke cables and the start the bike, it idles lower and doesn't hang or come down slowly. I put the choke cables back in the carbs and then the problem comes back.

Am I just not doing a proper cleaning of the chokes or is there another problem?

Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
6,887 Posts
What you describe is usually from a lean condition. I don't know the cause, but I think that's what you have going on. Maybe a plugged A/F passage?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I says to the doctor, I says "Hey Doc, it hurts when I do this..." And the doc looks at me and the doc, he says, "Well, stop doing that."

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

Does it behave CORRECTLY with the choke cable(s) disconnected? Or does it just behave better?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't ride it, but when I brought up the rpm it didn't slowly drop, it fell normally and the idle was also in the right area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts