Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
What was wrong and what did you fix? There is a video about taking it apart and soldering wiring points to stop it from jumping and being erratic. I worked for mine.

Used ones on ebay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that, and when I took it apart i seen the previous owner tried the same, so they obviously got frustrated and wired in an aftermarket beneath the speedo. Well that was fine until the face fell off in the aftermarket one. I did the solder job, i work in electronics so this was no biggy, but it didn't do any good. I'm cool with getting a used one, or maybe a digital replacement for the whole cluster if available.

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
Maybe worth it to make sure the yellow signal wire is good from the ignition coil up to the tach if you get an original unit. Unless that is what was driving the aftermarket one then it must be OK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried the yellow factory and the custom run one and I get the same results. I've Ohm'ed the two wires and it's all good. The factory tach is bad. Does anyone one know of a good digital replacement for the the stock? That'd probably be the better bang for buck.

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
A lot of guys have used the Biker's Choice tach with good results.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
still needing a tach?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts