Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got my ascot up to about 80% mechanically where I want it for normal operation. However I wanted to know how many of you, ascot guy in particular, have had issues with air intake at high speeds? I think she could use some more air and was thinking about a ram intake of sorts but I'd basically be fabing or building it from universal parts of course so who has done anything like this? What kind of difference would it make? And I know if I wanna see anything significant I have to do more than just intake but I'm thinking it might be a good place to start so I can see how much farther into that I wanna go. Thoughts? Any experience?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,613 Posts
Interesting idea. I don't know how these CV carbs will balance ram air since they are so touchy about the air flow.
Not sure what speed the ram air really helps.

But there are some Honda's with Turbos. They were fuel injected, however.
I guess Yamaha had a carb Turbo bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well since there is no room on top I was planning on running through the right side cover and into the snorkel that goes under the tank. Just wondering like how much more that would actually give me and how much bigger jets and stuff I would need to get or if I need to baffle it somehow so I dont choke out at high speed with too much air for the carbs to add fuel too. And I'm not trying to blow my engine either so just wanted to know about a different intake. Just seems kinda restricted where it's at now.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,613 Posts
The problem is, that the factory designs the intake to work very well with these sensitive CV carbs. So you may lose more than you gain? But keep all the original pats just in case.
Several years ago there was a guy on here that wanted to mount a 2 barrel carb on top. Never heard anymore about that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.