Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this shadow from some kid who knew NOTHING about bikes.. towed it home.. checked it out and did my thing but theres a hose that isnt connected to anything. Not 100% on where it goes.. one end is connected to the air filter box but have NO idea where the other end goes. Help!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,552 Posts
What bike? Any pics? Sounds like a crankcase vent which should be connected to a valve cover. Scratch the what bike, read the title.;)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Definitely a vent hose. Usually has a factory bend on it which gives an idea where and what the bottom end gets attached to.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Those 700's have just as much H.P. as today's Shadow 1100. Not as agile or fast as a sportsbike but it'll get you there.

·
Premium Member
7,552 Posts
You'll probably need to remove the tank in order to access the connection you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
7,552 Posts
Didn't realize the position of the end of the hose. I believe that hose should have a plug in it and hang down alongside the lower frame, next to the battery vent line. Should also be unplugged and drained periodically. Some bikes have a small wire loop welded to the inside of the lower frame to contain the hoses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah perfect! Now i just gotta figure out why its starting by itself

Didn't realize the position of the end of the hose. I believe that hose should have a plug in it and hang down alongside the lower frame, next to the battery vent line. Should also be unplugged and drained periodically. Some bikes have a small wire loop welded to the inside of the lower frame to contain the hoses.

·
Premium Member
7,552 Posts
You should start a new thread in the tech section on that with as many details as possible. That's just wild.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts