Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help fellas. Specifically on the 85-86 VT1100 (this is the front clip I used on my project). How flexible are these stalks? I bought a new after market pair. As I unwrapped them my first thought was dam these things are soft/bendy. Got the bike together and took it for a ride yesterday. Noticed that they are VERY bouncy, like my front turn signals are floppy ears going down the road. I know there should be some flexibility, but this is a lot.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wonder how much is due to St. Pete Heat??

The older they get, the stiffer they'll get...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonder how much is due to St. Pete Heat??

The older they get, the stiffer they'll get...

Nope. I knew something was janky when I took them out of the package, just didnt feel right. Ive contacted the seller, already made plans to get OEM stalks ($20-$25 each, ouch). But was hoping an 85-86 owner could confirm my suspicions....

·
Registered
377 Posts
BTW, what are the benefits of going to the 1100 front forks?
Any downsides??

Been thinking about switching my VT500 to VT750 forks...
but am not entirely certain it would be all beneficial.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW, what are the benefits of going to the 1100 front forks?
Any downsides??

Been thinking about switching my VT500 to VT750 forks...
but am not entirely certain it would be all beneficial.
My only goal with the dual disk front end was looks, the Magna single disk worked fine but the dual disk just LOOKS better. If there is a difference in stopping its marginal. NO downsides for me. Kept the solid OEM look, its not hacked together, and looks badass :grin2:

https://www.hondashadow.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=263366&stc=1&d=1560604419

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
justed
Honda Shadow Forums
Welcome to Honda Shadow Forum. Come in and discuss any Honda Shadow models: VT1100, VT250, VT750 and the VT500.
Full Forum Listing