Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Here hello everyone and if you comment Thank You for the help much appreciated!

Recently bought a 85 shadow 700c really cheap and am seeing why the guy was so eager to get rid of it, im chasing down several issues and already did the wire harness myself but too the topic at hand currently.

The clutch wasn't working so i figured id check the cylinder first and when i took it out and tested it in my hand it was leaking by the seal, and was looking a little rusty. i got a rebuild kit and took it apart, put the new seal on and it still leaks right by it.

Im assuming the rust oxidation damaged the inside wall of the cylinder because the fluid still sneaks around the new seal.

im wondering if anyone knows where i can find one or what new bike has a cylinder that will bolt up to it, some look the same but the bolts could be off by a cooter hair and i dont want a nightmare. or with these parts no longer in production is it easier to have a machinest boar the inside of the cylinder flat again. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,210 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Ebay has a couple for the Magna and may be the same .
Check the part numbers for the models and maybe it will work fine.
Or search for motorcycle wrecking yards.

Reactions: ademonk

·
Registered
200 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts