Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cranks right up. holds an idle. but while I'm driving it bogs down when I give it gas and backfires abit. Cleaned carbs. new fuel filter and running some seafood through it. Do I need to rejet and if so where can I find a kit for cheap. I am on a no budget remodel project

Attachments

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
cranks right up. holds an idle. but while I'm driving it bogs down when I give it gas and backfires abit. Cleaned carbs. new fuel filter and running some seafood through it. Do I need to rejet and if so where can I find a kit for cheap. I am on a no budget remodel project
Honda's just don't do good on SEAFOOD? (just funning ya), I'm assuming you have a good battery? then it's also could be a fuel pump issue (if you have one), my ride is a newer Shadow and it has a fuel pump and a fuel pump relay and had to replace the fuel pump..........just some more things to think about or you might check the fuel filter while you are at it............

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've gone to seafood restaurants on my bike, but it has never asked for leftovers.... I bog down after too much lobster too.....

Sounds like you aren't getting enough fuel (was gonna say gas, but what would open up more jokes....) You say you have changed the fuel filter, make sure that the flow direction is correct. Have you taken the petcock out of the tank and checked the filters on that? The old tanks can be problematic with rust, sometimes lots of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.