Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got one with a rusted out fuel tank that my welder says is probably beyond repairable. Anybody know of an aftermarket one that will fit? I'm also wondering about the diaphragm in the petcock, if I was to use a different petcock would I need to match that diaphragm or risk not getting enough/getting too much fuel to the carbs?

·
Registered
84 VT500C retro bobber
1,625 Posts
Any aftermarket tank is going to be work to install due to the wide back bone of the shadow. A used factory tank is probably your best bet. A 750 tank my fit with little modification but I don't know that for sure.
Don't worry about supplying the carbs too much fuel, that's what float bowls are for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the used ones I've been able to find for this year I've got are between $300-600 after shipping and come with rust, found a local one for $375 with rust. My guy said he could chop mine up and cover the holes up with sheet metal for about $150 and I was considering this $90 '85 rebel tank on amazon, then after a lid/petcock\shipping\tax it would be about $130ish. Making it fit didn't look like too much of a chore and really I'm not that worried about how it looks. I bought this thing to teach my wife to ride so I'm expecting her to drop it at least once.

Thanks for the response Kris, I've got more to consider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts