Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok maybe im getting a little too carried away with this project but i suddenly had an idea and ive looked around everywhere for an answer but maybe someone here can steer me somewhat in the right direction ( other than sarcastic remarks of course :mrgreen:). i was thinking, would it be possible to remove the stock pair of carbs and replace it with a single carb, and if it is what aftermarket carburetor woud fit it. i know it seems a little farfetched but any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I can't give you any firm advice but if it were me I would be looking at a carb off of a VT600. I've heard that some years came with a single carb and other years came with two carbs. So, it makes sense that you might find the setup you need there.

Just a guess, mind you.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Why would you go to an inferior carb? Yours are great once you figure out how to set them up right.

Radiator hose can be used to make manifolds if your really going through with it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what im ultimately trying to accomplish is bring the choke from the handlebars to a knob on the side somewhere, eliminate the air box to make room for my wiring harness, and bring the filter sticking out on the side of the bike i was assuming all this would be easiest to do when im only worrying about a single carb

·
Registered
278 Posts
ok maybe im getting a little too carried away with this project but i suddenly had an idea and ive looked around everywhere for an answer but maybe someone here can steer me somewhat in the right direction ( other than sarcastic remarks of course :mrgreen:). i was thinking, would it be possible to remove the stock pair of carbs and replace it with a single carb, and if it is what aftermarket carburetor woud fit it. i know it seems a little farfetched but any help is greatly appreciated
Hey, I came across this link in a chop forum I belong to and remembered your post. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck!

Angry Yankee Customs: 2-1 Carb Manifolds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.