Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the little box insert that goes inside the little sissy bar and I don't know what to call it to do a search online. I'm not having any luck and the closest thing I have found so far is $80 for a whole assembly on ebay. Anybody know what I can call this thing, or where to get one? For reference it's #9 on the part diagram.

Font Line Automotive exterior Auto part Art

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,287 Posts
It looks like the tool kit .
The parts list calls it a cover so I think that what covers the tool kit.

Reactions: Raths

·
Registered
'83 VT750C
1,667 Posts
Yeah. Tool kit holder or even ‘trunk’ would tip off someone that knows the bikes. But the cost will be the cost. These are vintage now, and parts are very hard to find. Your best bets would be to check with motorcycle salvage yards, or keep watching Craigslist for a cheap whole bike to purchase, then pass on or part out.

·
Registered
84 VT500C retro bobber
1,645 Posts
Im sure i have one lying around somewhere. I took the sissy bar off my bike pretty much as soon as i got it. I lile minimalist bikes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm reaching out to the guy I bought it from to see if he has it still. He gave the cover to me separate so he must have taken it off for some reason. If he doesn't have it would you sell yours?

·
Registered
84 VT500C retro bobber
1,645 Posts
If I can find it Ill give it to you. I'll never have a use for it. No going back from the level of custom I did. Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang that's awesome, thank you!
I got this to teach my wife to ride and it needed so much work. The tank was rotting out so we ended up sanding most of the paint off to weld it and finally repainted it last weekend. I'll post a picture here in a bit.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts