Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my second post on this board. I really wanted to post this in the tech section, but I'm not allowed to yet. I apologize for that.

Anyways I've got a 1985 vt700c that I'm going to be replacing the stator on in a couple of weeks. I need to get some oil seals and a gasket yet for this. Would anyone here know the part numbers for the shifter oil seal, clutch slave oil seal, and the starter gear cover gasket. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, but I can't find those parts when I try looking for them on the net.

In the next couple of weeks I'm going to have someone help me change this so I'd like to order those parts.

Here is a list of all the parts I decided to get/replace since I had to do work on the charging system anyways....

1. Motobatt battery MB16A - It's a little bigger than a stock battery. I managed to cram it into the battery box though.

2. I went and picked up a MOSFET FH020AA kit to replace the regulator/rectifier on this thing. I got a kit with the maxifuse on it.

3. For the stator I ended up going with one from Electrosport. From the reviews I've read it really seemed like it was a horse apiece between one from them and Rick's motorsport electrics.

Between the new battery and R/R it was a pain getting all this crammed in behind where that sidecover goes. I just have everything mocked up so far. As it is right now I think I'll find a "junk" sidecover to mod. I think all I'll have to do is use some epoxy to make the tabs on a cover a little longer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

That one is working, thanks. Bikebandit is weird today. I can't get anything to show for my bike when I search for it from their site. I did manage to get some things to pull up on there if I just put bikebandit along with what I was looking for on google.

So far this is what I've found for the Honda part numbers of what I need. I'm just putting them down in case someone runs into a problem like I did today.

Left crankcase cover Honda number - 11395-ME9-306
Shifter oil seal ( 12.5x25x8 ) 91204-425-003 ARAI
Clutch slave oil seal - (8x25x8 ) 91204-MB0-000
91204-MB0-003
91204-MB0-013 ARAI

Still haven't found the gasket for the starter gear cover. I'll find it though lol.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
That one is working, thanks. Bikebandit is weird today. I can't get anything to show for my bike when I search for it from their site. I did manage to get some things to pull up on there if I just put bikebandit along with what I was looking for on google.

So far this is what I've found for the Honda part numbers of what I need. I'm just putting them down in case someone runs into a problem like I did today.

Left crankcase cover Honda number - 11395-ME9-306
Shifter oil seal ( 12.5x25x8 ) 91204-425-003 ARAI
Clutch slave oil seal - (8x25x8 ) 91204-MB0-000
91204-MB0-003
91204-MB0-013 ARAI

Still haven't found the gasket for the starter gear cover. I'll find it though lol.
You know you can go to the parts store and pick up gasket material and make your own in a pinch?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know you can go to the parts store and pick up gasket material and make your own in a pinch?
I know. I just use the actual gaskets whenever I can get them since most are fairly cheap. For emergencies though gasket maker goop, a cereal box, and some safety wire are three things I always keep in my saddle bags. I haven't had to replace a gasket on the side of the road yet, but that spool of safety wire always seem to come in handy.

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
7,017 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't forget the 100mph(duct) tape!;)
I've used that before. It works pretty good to hold a headlight in place. I didn't have any with me, but my buddy had a role of gorilla tape. At 1am that stuff was a lifesaver since we still had roughly 90 miles to get back home.

Thanks for the link Ramie.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,277 Posts
Fiche files with Honda part numbers from:
o Service Honda (Use pulldown at top to select different assemblies.)
o Ron Ayers
o Babbitt's
Those three that have proven consistently reliable to me.

Good choice on the Electrosport stator. Same choice I made after extensive analysis. Same with the Shindengen r/r. Electrosport also has a MOSFET r/r that *might* fit better. I probably would have gone that way had I realized the Shindengen wouldn't fit my bike the way I wanted to install it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fiche files with Honda part numbers from:
o Service Honda (Use pulldown at top to select different assemblies.)
o Ron Ayers
o Babbitt's
Those three that have proven consistently reliable to me.

Good choice on the Electrosport stator. Same choice I made after extensive analysis. Same with the Shindengen r/r. Electrosport also has a MOSFET r/r that *might* fit better. I probably would have gone that way had I realized the Shindengen wouldn't fit my bike the way I wanted to install it.

Thanks for those links adlowe, I've been copying down parts numbers and putting them inside my manual. I don't use the computer much, so ALL of you guys that gave me links have been a great help. I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to looking things up over the internet.

That Shindengen FH020AA R/R is a monster compared to the oem one. The huge maxifuse on it doesn't help either. If I would of known how much of a size difference there was here I might of opted for something smaller. I got mine as the super MOSFET kit from roadstercycle.com.

I've been doing a lot of brainstorming and mockups on how I'm going to fit all this stuff on that side. I still haven't found a way to keep all the wires with a clean look and proper fit. My latest brainstorm is to just make my own sidecover out of fiberglass for that side and put some tabs into it to hold the wires.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,277 Posts
That Shindengen FH020AA R/R is a monster compared to the oem one. The huge maxifuse on it doesn't help either. If I would of known how much of a size difference there was here I might of opted for something smaller. I got mine as the super MOSFET kit from roadstercycle.com.
Yeah. I went with the circuit breaker. My r/r mounts on a bracket under the bike. I got an adapter plate to lower the Shindengen and it fits just fine as long as I don't connect it. Plug the wires in and the shaft drive is a problem. Ended up doing as most 1100 owners do and mounted the Shindengen upside down. Don't like the idea of wires "pointing" to the road but that's more a theoretical (rather than actual) danger. Had I known the sucker was that big I'd have looked a whole lot closer at Electrosport's MOSFET r/r.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah. I went with the circuit breaker. My r/r mounts on a bracket under the bike. I got an adapter plate to lower the Shindengen and it fits just fine as long as I don't connect it. Plug the wires in and the shaft drive is a problem. Ended up doing as most 1100 owners do and mounted the Shindengen upside down. Don't like the idea of wires "pointing" to the road but that's more a theoretical (rather than actual) danger. Had I known the sucker was that big I'd have looked a whole lot closer at Electrosport's MOSFET r/r.

For the wires couldn't you use a heavy duty wire loom along with some shrink tubing to safeguard them? Both of us can chalk this up to a lesson learned on the "size" issue. Even with the huge difference in size, I'm not sure if I would of gone with something else.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.