Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, would anyone know what would cause my bike to "pop" a couple of times when I turn her off? Only seems to happen to when I go on longer rides. Other than that, she rides just fine (except for my speedo not working, but I think the cable is busted..gotta check on that this weekend).

The only other tidbit I can add that may be causing this popping is my air intake boot/connection is a bit loose on the right hand side. The O-ring screw is stripped and doesn't tighten up enough, and I'm having a hard time finding a new O-ring.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Where does the pop come from? Somewhere near the engine, or somewhere near the exhaust pipes? How loud? Shotgun loud, or cap gun loud, or what? Could it be electrical component clicking?

--Justin

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Misfit, did you paint your bike or buy it as it is all Flat Black like that??
I "painted" the tank and both fenders with truck bedliner, and did the sissy grab bars in flat black, and wrapped my pipes.

This weekend I'm going to flat black the gear covers, foot pegs, and turn signals. At some point I plan to black out the forks and wheels as well. But that'll take a little more work and $$.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.