Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I replaced the original 4 wire fuel pump with an inexpensive ebay 2 wire pump that ultimately failed. So I ordered and recieved a new 4 wire pump from Quantum Fuels and it physically fit perfectly... but the connector doesn't match the connector on the bike. Do you guys have any advice?

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a wiring diagram for the new pump and old/ the wiring diagram for the bike?
I know where the 4 wires are supposed to go, but the new pump doesnt have a female connector. Its male, and doesn't line up anyway. Trying to avoid cutting off connectors and hardwiring/soldering. I don't want to hack the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys, I replaced the original 4 wire fuel pump with an inexpensive ebay 2 wire pump that ultimately failed. So I ordered and recieved a new 4 wire pump from Quantum Fuels and it physically fit perfectly... but the connector doesn't match the connector on the bike. Do you guys have any advice?
Hey Derek I’ve been following your posts, I’m looking for this part on my 1986vt700 and saw your discussion you have a parts bike, if you still have would you be willing to sell this part. 17257-MK7-000 it’s the hoses that go from the carb to the air box, I’m almost done restoring my first bike and I can’t find these tubes. Any help would be appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts